ROSE SURVIVAL

I dedicated my pen and ink to Syarif.

•••

There once a man I know who said, "there's nothing prettier than roses". That his roses will forever be in a jar with those tiny seven petals. But that's not just it. There's more to it. The roses picked its own man.


 •••


A very gentle September morning,
witnessing the sun gloriously waking up,
with a cup of coffee like the color of his soul,
which gave him a feeling of longing.

As he turned around recklessly,
he saw a rose left cold in a jar,
the more he stares at it,
a carousel of spinning emotions
starts to hit him deceitfully.

"Such precious."
Just a glimpse of his thought.
But as the day goes by,
the petals mercilessly began to fall
like autumn.

"The roses chose me."
But he knows deeply,
"What is it that I'm seeking for?"


 •••


"Wait!"
Miraculously his heart starts carrying the beat,
and blooms just like spring
Pulses rising through his spine.
"Who is she?"...


-skyf